Now is the time for all those in NY that want to help but are unable to walk dogs. Please consider this MUCH NEEDED position. Answering the calls at the shelter is so important (as we all know!!) and could be the difference between life and death!
Volunteer Phone Service Representative
We have a great new volunteer opportunity – Volunteer Phone Service Representative. We are looking for volunteers that are interested in answering the phone in our Care Centers. You will be helping the public with their questions about our animals and our organization. If anyone is interested in becoming a Phone Service Representative, please go to the website for more information – http://nycacc.org/howtovolunteer.html
With emphasis on customer service, answer the phone, return messages and follow up with inquires regarding AC&C and general animal-related questions in a professional and courteous manner in our care centers.
- Answer telephones in a courteous and professional manner and respond to inquiries accordingly
- Follow up on voice mail messages
- Input information gathered from caller into Chameleon database
- Identify and report emergency situations to a supervisor
- Convey information to public and other agencies in concise, professional manner, with attention to AC&C policies and procedures and general animal knowledge
- Work cooperatively with AC&C staff, volunteers and partners
- Perform other tasks as assigned by a supervisor or mentor