5 THINGS TO DO IF YOUR DOG IS LOST!
More Pets go missing on July 4th than any other day of the year, making July 5th the busiest day of the year for Shelters!
If your dog is missing do the following:
1. Immediately put out water & an article of your clothing along with your dogs bed if possible at the location they were last seen. (Don’t put food! It will attract other animals which may scare your dog away.)
2. Contact local animal shelters and rescue groups. Give them a picture, description along with any identifying marks or microchip numbers.
3. Put up flyers in the area. If your dog has a microchip notify them the dog is lost.
4. Instruct people helping you search not to chase your dog if they spot it.
5. Post your dog on the local Craigslist in the lost dogs section. Also post on facebook, local paper & other internet sites.
(Information provided by LostDogsOfAmerica.org )